SPECIAL MEETING, NOVEMBER 6, 2014, 9:00 A.M.
A Special Meeting of the Stroud Township Board of Supervisors was called to order by Chairman, Edward C. Cramer at 9:07 A.M., at the Stroud Township Municipal Center, 1211 North Fifth Street, Stroudsburg, Pa. Also present were Vice-Chairman & Secretary, Daryl A. Eppley; Roadmaster/Supervisor, James L. Decker; Office Manager & Recording Secretary, Judy Adkins. Absent was Township Solicitor, Richard E. Deetz.
This Special Meeting for Stroud Township was advertised on November 1, 2014 in the Pocono Record.
Public Comments: Chairman asked if there were any public comments on non-agenda items, there were no public comments from the floor.
Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting, October 21, 2014, 7:00 P.M. Mr. Decker moved to approve the minutes of the regular meeting, October 21, 2014, 7:00 P.M. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
Approve Payment of Bills: General Fund: $56,857.20. Mr. Cramer moved to approve payment of bills from the General Fund in the amount of $56,857.20. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
Approve Payment of Bills: Glenbrook Golf Course Fund: $6,217.16. Mr. Cramer moved to approve payment of bills from the Glenbrook Golf Course Fund in the amount of $6,217.16. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
Approve Payment of Bills: Glenbrook Capital Improvement Account: $1,188.50. Mr. Cramer moved to approve payment of bills from the Glenbrook Capital Improvement Account of $1,188.50. Mr. Decker said that just a point of order, since we did have an advertised workshop last week with PennDOT and no action was taken – perhaps on the next agenda should include approval that we held a Special Meeting and note the attendance and a summary of the general discussion. Mr. Decker said that he thinks it should be part of the minutes, Mr. Eppley said he’ll support that. Chairman said that we have a motion on the floor to approve payment of bills for Glenbrook Capital Improvement Account. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. Mr. Decker opposed. Motion carried 2-1.
Chairman said that we’ll add to our agenda on November 18th and he asked if there were any minutes or just a list of the attendees. Mr. Decker said just a list of the attendees and a brief summary, Chairman asked if he would want to do that under Roadmaster’s Report. Mr. Eppley said that it was advertised as a workshop and there can be a general description of what was discussed. Mr. Decker suggested a summary of the meeting be noted.
1. Authorize Reimbursement To Stroud Township General Fund From Cornerstone Security Escrow, $15,367.83 For Road Base Improvements And Culvert Installation; $3,133.01 For Engineering Invoices For Said Improvements – Total: $18,500.84. Mr. Cramer said that he has copies of these bills for engineering, work that the Road Dept. did which was authorized by the Board to do that work. Mr. Decker said that when we had the discussion with their Board, the discussion was that it was estimated to be around $20,000.00 and he moved to authorize that reimbursement. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Accept Resignation of William Klass – Retirement Date As Of 10-1-2014. Mr. Decker moved to accept the resignation of William Klass, retirement date as of 10-1-2014. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Authorize Release Of Security Fund Balance With Regards To The Stroudsmoor Chapel LDP In The Amount of $5,590.00 Per Request Of Andy Forte. Mr. Cramer addressed this item stating that when he came in with his land development plan addition on Terra View, he must have remembered that they had a wedding chapel land development plan that he withdrew and remembered his fees. Mr. Cramer said that he checked into it and there were four engineering bills for the chapel with the remaining balance of $5,590.00 and he has requested reimbursement of that fund. Mr. Eppley said that he doesn’t recall the withdraw of the application and he’s in favor of the balance being released but that was an approved wedding chapel land development plan and he doesn’t recall it ever being withdrawn, maybe we should have that documentation from Andy. Mr. Cramer said that he thinks it’s in the file, maybe withdrawn wasn’t the appropriate term probably never constructed or completed. Mr. Eppley moved to authorize release subject to receipt of a withdraw statement from Forte, Inc. or Andy Forte of the land development plan. Mr. Decker asked if was rescinding the land development plan; Mr. Cramer said that he thinks that there is something in the file, he’ll have to look. Mr. Eppley said that he’s just looking for documentation and support of decision. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Approval Of Amended Order To Plaza 611 Conditional Use Decision Subject To Stipulation Satisfactory To Solicitor. Mr. Eppley addressed this item stating that he has an e-mail from Richard (Deetz) dated Friday, October 31st where he states that Marc Wolfe called him and said the amended order was acceptable. Mr. Eppley said that he asked Richard if we could add this matter to our agenda to be approved subject to the stipulation satisfactory to solicitor and Mr. Deetz replied yes, it was no problem. Mr. Eppley said that we are at the point where we can approve the amended order and he moved to approve the amended Order to Plaza 611 Conditional Use Decision subject to stipulation satisfactory to solicitor. Mr. Decker seconded the motion with discussion. Discussion – Mr. Decker asked if we have some type of a written form for the final order. Mr. Eppley replied yes. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Authorize Roadmaster Signing Of Modified Traffic Signal Plans For S.R. 209 And Shafer Schoolhouse Road, Permit #45-214-011 As Provided By PennDOT. Mr. Eppley moved to authorize Roadmaster signing of Modified Traffic Signal Plans for S.R. 209 and Shafer Schoolhouse Road, Permit #45-214-011 as provided by PennDOT. Mr. Decker seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Adopt Resolutions 2014-43 And 2014-44 Pertaining To PennDOT Sidewalk Maintenance Agreements Applicable To Mill Creek Road Bridge And Stokes Mill Road, Respectively. Mr. Cramer said that he talked to Ken Brown considering that Brodhead Creek Water Authority is over there and how much of a nightmare this will be and a burden to our Road Crew with snow removal and winter maintenance. Mr. Cramer said that he asked Daryl to find out what would happen if we flat out refused and they said that if that’s the case, they will not build the sidewalk, they’ll just pave it. Mr. Eppley added that statement was made by Julianne Wolfe, Consulting Project Manager for PennDOT; Mr. Cramer added she said provided somewhere in the public hearing that the township agreed. After a brief discussion on keeping the trail open and the township purchasing a snow blower if BRCA would do it and the township wouldn’t have to be responsible, Mr. Eppley moved for the adoption of Resolutions 2014-43 and 2014-44 pertaining to the sidewalk maintenance agreements with PennDOT. Mr. Cramer seconded the motion. Mr. Decker voted nay. Motion carried 2-1. Mr. Decker said there’s no state regulation that requires us to do it, it’s one of their policies, it’s not backed by any regulation, it’s just them trying to pass the buck and they’re both PennDOT roads.
7. Authorize Signing And Entering Into Sidewalk Agreements With PennDOT Pertaining To Mill Creek Road Bridge and Stokes Mill Road. Mr. Eppley moved to authorize signing and entering into Sidewalk Agreements with PennDOT pertaining to Mill Creek Road Bridge and Stokes Mill Road. Mr. Decker seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Conditional Use Application – Solar Electric Franklin – Set Hearing Date; Refer To Township And County Planning Commissions. Mr. Eppley addressed this item stating that this is for a solar farm on the Detrick property and we have to refer this to the Township and County Planning Commission and we have to set a hearing date within 60 days of the receipt of the application which was October 20, 2014. After a brief discussion on setting a hearing date, Mr. Eppley moved to set the hearing date for the Solar Electric Franklin Conditional Use Application for Thursday, December 11, 2014, 7:00 P.M. and refer to the Township and County Planning Commissions for their review and recommendation. Mr. Decker seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
9. Approve Survey Proposal By Frank J. Smith, Inc. In The Amount Of $1,500.00 For Township’s School View Lane Property. Mr. Eppley addressed this item stating that this is the property adjacent the Bezdzicki property, the proposal is for $1,500.00 and this is to determine the common line only between his property and ours. Mr. Eppley moved for that survey line proposal be approved. Mr. Decker seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
10. Authorize Lease-Purchase Of 2015 GMC Acadia From Abeloff Buick-GMC-Kia Under Co-Stars Program; $3,000.00 Down, $299 Per Month For 39 Months (Budget Line Item #414.750.) Mr. Eppley addressed this item stating that Ed received a phone call from Helen, our SEO and Zoning Officer that something major happened to the vehicle. Mr. Cramer said that he thinks that the oil pump went out; the oil pressure dropped and it started making a tapping noise and she was able to get it back to the building without having it towed. Mr. Eppley said that he researched and found out that the Abeloff is part of the co-stars program and they gave us a proposal for leasing for 39 months for $299.00 a month and being under the co-stars program, we don’t have to go out and get multiple bids. Mr. Decker said for clarification, it’s just a lease and not a lease-purchase, Mr. Cramer said that it’s just a lease. Mr. Decker said that he moves to authorize the lease of a new zoning vehicle as identified in Item #10 and striking purchase. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
At 9:35 A.M., Judy Adkins, Recording Secretary was excused while the Board discussed working on the proposed 2015 Budget.
11. 2015 Budget Work. Present for this item was Mr. Julian Kirk, Township Accounting Consultant. The Board worked on the 2015 proposed budget with Mr. Kirk’s recommendations concerning items for the proposed budget. There were no motions.
Executive Session: There were no items for executive session.
There being no further business, Mr. Decker moved to adjourn the meeting at 11:18 A.M. Mr. Eppley seconded the motion. All voted aye. Motion carried unanimously.
Judith Ann Adkins